Nov 14, 2017 Naumann was also among the few prelates to publicly call out Catholic abortion supporter Tim Kaine, vice presidential running mate to Hillary Clinton in 2016. Pages in category 'Pilgrimage Church of Saint John of Nepomuk' This category contains only the following page.
Aerial of Kastellet Type Site information Open to the public Yes Condition Well preserved Site history Built 30 October 1664 In use 1624–1830s Materials Kastellet, (: The Citadel) located in,, is one of the best preserved in Northern Europe. It is constructed in the form of a with at its corners. Kastellet was continuous with the which used to encircle Copenhagen but of which only the ramparts of remain today.
A number of buildings are located within the grounds of Kastellet, including a church as well as a windmill. The area houses various military activities but it mainly serves as a public park and a historic site. The interior side of the North Gate The Citadel has two gates, King's Gate on the south side, facing the city, and Norway Gate on the north side of the edifice, which both date from 1663 as part of Ruise's original citadel. They are built in the style, and are on their interior side flanked by guardhouses. The King's Gate is decorated with and, and a bust of King. The clock and two bells on the interior facade of the gate come from the Central Guard House at and were installed in 1874 when the central guard moved to the Citadel. In front of the gate stand two so-called from where it was possible to keep assaulting troops under fire.
The Norway Gate used to face open countryside outside the city, and has therefore been built to a more simple design. The caponiers of this gate were demolished in the late 19th century. Bastions [ ]. The former earthworks now serving as a greenspace The five bastions are named as follows: The King's Bastion (Kongens Bastion), The Queen's Bastion (Dronningens Bastion), The Count's Bastion (Grevens Bastion), the Princess's Bastion (Prinsessens Bastion) and the Prince's Bastion (Prinsens Bastion). Moat and Smedelinien Outworks [ ] Smedelinien (English: The Blacksmith's Line) is a system of, separating the inner and the outer moat, located to the south and southwest towards the city.
It consisted of four and three interconnected by long, low. On Fyn's Ravelin, one of the namesake has been preserved and is now used by the park authorities. Another forge was built on Falster's Counter Guard in 1709. Rebuilt in 1888, it now serves as residence of military employees.
When the Free Port of Copenhagen was constructed, the northern portion of Smedelinien was dug away, but the remaining part was put at the disposal of the City of Copenhagen in 1918 and now serves as parkland. Buildings [ ] Commander's House [ ]. The Rows The Rows (Danish: Stokkene) are six two-storey terraces which were originally built by Henrik Ruise as barracks for the soldiers based at the Citadel. Just listening and speaking elementary pdf.
The dorms measured four by four metres and contained two triple beds, a small table and two benches. Over time they became known under individual names: General Stock where the commanders resided until the Commander's House was built, Artillery Stock for the artillerists, and Star Stock, Elephant Stock, Swan Stock and Fortuna Stock. The are not part of the original design but date from 1768 when the rows were altered. The original roof profile is today only seen at the end of Artillery Row as seen from the Prince's Bastion. Southern and Northern Storehouse [ ].
The powder house at the Queen's Bastion The Powder House at the Queen's Bastion, which was used for the storage of, is the only surviving of originally two identical powder houses which were built by in 1712. The other one was located at the Count's Bastion.
It was designed with massive walls and a slightly vaulted ceiling to ensure that a possible explosion would move upward and thereby cause a minimum of damages to the surroundings. When in 1779 a powder house at the exploded, causing damages in the area and all the way to, it was decided that it was too dangerous to store explosives at the Ramparts, and the powder houses at the Citadel instead came into use as a jailhouse.
Church and prison [ ].